RISE St. Louis
Included below are a few initiatives that I believe will help improve St. Louis and position us to move forward into a new era of growth, a stronger economy, and more jobs to St. Louis. A comprehensive plan for the city will position a Boyd Administration to determine the types of developments we should seek out and recognize the ones we should decline.
I propose that St. Louis:
- Become the Safest and Securest City in the U.S. by attracting more leading Cyber Security and Technology companies to the region. We can become the City of Choice for employment in these high tech fields through new partnerships with higher institutions of learning and local business leaders.
- Create more downtown amenities to drive traffic to St. Louis through tourism (sports, concerts, conventions and other special events).
- Renovate the St. Louis Americas Center to become more competitive for conventions and expos.
- Complete a rooms study to identify if the city needs additional accommodations to support larger tourism activity.
- Develop skills gap training in partnership with industry and education leaders to help under-employed and searching residents prepare for better opportunities created as a result of these initiatives.